Quebecers launching businesses in the fast-expanding drone industry – soon to be a USD $5.9 billion industry worldwide – are getting a helping hand thanks to a new initiative from Montreal Law firm Legal Logik.
The company’s new Drone Business Start-Up Kits join a menu of services such as No-Fee Incorporation and the existing Start-Up Kit, which offers everything a new business needs to launch on solid legal footing, but at half the usual cost. The new Kits offer all the same essentials, plus personal guidance and consulting to meet all legal and regulatory requirements from recognized UAV expert by Transport Canada, Sean Smith, owner of Imagination Aviation.
“We wanted to help local entrepreneurs capitalize on opportunities in this budding industry, so we created a Kit just for them,” says Legal Logik founder and CEO, Jamie Benizri. “It has all the essentials of our regular Start-Up Kit, along with tailored assistance and consulting from an aviation expert to help expedite the legalities get on the path to growth.”
Available at www.legallogik.com, two versions of the Drone Business Start-Up Kit are offered, each including the following:
- Federal incorporation (the UAV/drone industry is federally regulated)
- A personalized corporate minute book
- 2 contracts
- 1 complete revision of any contract
- 1 year of annual corporate maintenance
- Preliminary trademark search
- 4 hours of consultation with Legal Logik staff
The basic Drone Business Start-Up Kit adds to the above the first 3 of the following Drone Accelerator components while the Plus packages includes all 5:
- Guidance in applying for and obtaining a Special Flight Operating Certificate (SFOC) from Transport Canada
- 2 hours of consultation on UAV compliance
- Professional guidance in establishing a flight compliance process customized to your operation and in line with Transport Canada regulations
- Gap analysis and implementation of a compliant flight procedure/policy
- 1 additional hour of UAV consultation/auditing
Those interested can find full details and order here.